TENS of thousands of British women may have been given potentially dangerous breast implants, it is feared. Up to 20,000 patients have been left in the dark for months while the Government investigates whether implants produced by a firm, Silimed, are safe.
The Brazilian firm – the third largest manufacturer in the world – had its UK and European licence suspended in September after unidentified particles were allegedly found on some implants during a factory inspection.
Government watchdog the Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency announced that it was “urgently investigating the issue” four months ago. The MHRA issued a second warning to Silimed last month that the quarantine was still in place.
It said EU health experts were evaluating test results to establish if there were potential health risks associated with “unknown particles” on the surface of the implants.
Sientra Inc (SIEN) Shares Surge After Brazil Provides Regulatory Clearance For Silimed
Shares of Sientra Inc (NASDAQ:SIEN) are trading significantly higher this afternoon after reports have indicated that the country of Brazil has once again issued regulatory clearance for Silimed. Silimed is one of Sientra Inc’s (NASDAQ:SIEN) contract manufacturers and on October 25 Brazil suspended manufacturing of its products temporarily. While it appears as if the new regulatory clearance was announced approximately one week ago, the event has seemingly gone unnoticed by the market until this afternoon.
- The PIP Scandal
- The Warnings ....
- Our PIP`s are TOXIC
- P.I.P Implants videos & photos what you don't see.
- Peer Reviewed Pip Literature
- Harley Medical Group aka Thmc aka THMG aka CORRUPT
- Opinions .
- NHS Recommendations VS The Truth.
- Breast Implants debate "10 years & counting
- Petitions., Surveys etc....
- Mas - Heritage The Story
- Court Cases
- Influence of pharmaceutical & Mhra
- MHRA corrupt....Unelected, Unbalanced and Unaccountable....
- Mhr ...........Who??????
- Uk Different to Other Countries Pip
- The So-Called Regulations ...Never Changing over Decades ...