BBC News - Faulty implants end women's sex life

Two women who were severely injured by commonly-used surgical implants have revealed their stories ahead of mass legal action against the manufacturer.
Both women have been told they can never have sex again after having a surgical device implanted to treat a prolapsed bladder.The mesh implants hardened, causing injury to the women and potentially injuring their partners.
Hundreds of claims for damages are expected to be lodged.
Every year about 1,500 Scots undergo an operation to insert mesh or transvaginal tape.
The implants are commonly used to treat a prolapsed bladder and relieve incontinence, often as a result of childbirth. 'Linda', who wants her identity concealed, has been told there is nothing doctors can do for her.
She is in constant pain. "I don't even go to the doctor, I don't bother," she said.
"I'm just in the house all the time."
"You can be sitting and you can feel the jagging pain. I can't even carry my washing. My husband has to carry it and if I put my hands up to put the washing on the line, I can feel it jagging."
"Sex is a no go," said Linda. "We've not got a sex life. It's actually taken a bit of toll on my marriage."
Read more ;